- Show up at the page. Use the page to rest, to dream, to try.
- Fill the well by caring for my artist.
- Set small and gentle goals and meet them.
- Pray for guidance, courage, and humility.
- Remember that it is far harder and more painful to be a blocked artist than it is to do the work.
- Be alert, always, for the presence of the Great Creator leading and helping my artist.
- Choose companions who encourage me to do the work, not just talk about doing the work or why I am not doing the work.
- Remember the Great Creator loves creativity.
- Remember that it is my job to do the work, not judge the work.
- Great Creator, I will take care of the quantity. You take care of the quality.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Rules of The Road *
In order to be an artist, I must: