Tuesday, September 18, 2007

GBIS - Day 4

It's been a hard road getting back in shape since I first posted my goals back in July, two months ago. Yikes!

I posted an ad in the Activity Partners and Strictly Platonic sections on an online classifieds, and received a few responses, all but turned out to be a dud. The remaining jogging buddy prefers to not to run, but is a trooper all the same.

No one put those spicy Doritos, Entenmann's chocolate-covered donuts, or chili cheese dogs in my hands but me.

Some days, I don't want to leave the apartment, let alone get up at 6:30 a.m. to do laps around the Jackie O Reservoir in Central Park. Not surprisingly, I feel better after jogging, so I've got to get more of those endorphins flowing through my body.

It's easier to rollerblade or bike to get back into shape, but it's quicker to lace up the sneakers and jog day or night. Scary are those raccoons looting the trash cans in the evening, masked eyes staring back.

I never thought I'd have to deal with an expanding waistline. I was teased, taunted, and envied for having a 28" waist. A 31" waist isn't the end of the world, just costly because I'd have to buy new clothes if I opted to remain sedentary, writing and editing, more days than not.

I want guns like Rafael Nadal, Serena and Venus Williams. Decision made. I'll continue to show up to my start line and jog at least three times a week, just as I show up to the page and computer screen to write and edit daily.

No comments: