Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tormented Love

When the mood’s right, and the timing in place, I think of you.
The sound of my name from your lips fills me with anticipation and hope.
Is it a matter of cultural divides or social customs that keeps us apart?
I want you out of my mind as a potential soulmate so that I can concentrate on our being platonic friends.
You need someone like me to take care of you, yet I don’t know if I’m the one for the job.
Traveling along opposite roads, we might one day collide.
It is this collision that concerns me – you can certainly topple the careful structure I’ve built all these years.

Are you aware of the way you can dance in my mind at a moment’s notice?
Are you as tormented by a potential union as I am?
It’s the simple things you do that stirs my imagination.
I’m flattered that you call unexpectedly to say hello.
I don’t know if we’ll ever confide in each other. I don’t if we should.
Perhaps I’m not as tormented but afraid of extending myself to you.
On some level I enjoy not knowing how you really feel.
If you were to show me, we might be inclined to take the next step.
I don’t think either of us is prepared for that happening.

No comments: