1. The contest is open to US or Canadian residents with a valid mailing address only. No P.O. Boxes.
2. Applicants must use a valid e-mail address and home or cell number.
Submit response as a .doc or .pdf attachment by midnight on 02/28/09, to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Black History Book Raffle.
Books will be mailed to courtesy of the publisher.
- Without citing the recent historical election of President Barack Obama, what significant progress have African Americans made in the last five to ten years in America?
- Would it be so bad to pass for Hispanic or Caucasian to get a job, accepted to college, or move into an exclusive neighborhood, or reap financial rewards? Have you ever known or do you currently know someone who passes for white or Hispanic without remorse?
- What does it mean to be black and proud? Does it require historical knowledge, understanding struggle, or skin pigmentation?
- The American Journey of Barack Obama By The Editors of Life Magazine ISBN: 0316045608
- Fledgling By Octavia Butler ISBN: 0446696161
- Stand the Storm By Breena Clarke ISBN: 0316007056
- Red River By Lalita Tademy ISBN: 0446696994
- Keep the Faith: A Memoir By Faith Evans ISBN: 0446199508
- Say You're One of Them By Uwem Akpan ISBN: 0316113786
- The Shack By William Young ISBN: 0964729237
- The Bishop's Daughter By Tiffany Warren ISBN: 0446195146
Books will be mailed to contest winners courtesy of the publisher.