Morningside Writers Group and Harlem Writer are hosting a FREE Hispanic Heritage Book Giveaway sponsored by Hachette Book Group.
Answer one of the following three essay questions below and submit your response as a Word or PDF attachment by midnight on 10/15/08, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: Hispanic Heritage Contest Giveaway.Format: Please submit responses using the following guidelines (Courier New, 12 pt, double –spaced, 1” margins on all four sides).
Word count: 500-750 words1. What are the most important contributions Hispanics have made to American culture within the last five to ten years?
2. What is your most memorable cross-cultural experience with a native Spanish-speaker? (If you’re Hispanic, what is your experience with someone outside your ethnic background?)3. What is the importance of cultural awareness and heritage in a changing national stage?
Contest Rules:1. The contest is open to US or Canadian residents only with a valid mailing address. No P.O. Boxes.
2. Applicants must use a valid e-mail address and home or cell number.
3. The top five essays will win the eight books below:
- Dream in Color By Linda Sánchez , Loretta Sánchez
- Gunmetal Black By Daniel Serrano
- The Gifted Gabaldón Sisters By Lorraine López
- Bless Me, Ultima By Rudolfo Anaya
- Brownsville By Oscar Casares
- The Hummingbird's Daughter By Luis Urrea
- The General and the Jaguar By Eileen Welsome
- Tomorrow They Will Kiss By Eduardo Santiago
Books will be mailed to contest winners courtesy of the publisher.4. All decisions are final by panel judges.