Hachette Book Group, Morningside Writers Group, and Harlem Writer are sponsoring a Hispanic Heritage Month Book Giveaway. Five winners will receive a set of the five books listed below. The contest is simple. Answer one question and leave a comment on this posting.The best combination of short essay and comment will win!
Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated September 15th - October 15th.
1. The contest is open to US or Canadian residents with a valid mailing address only. No P.O. Boxes.
2. Applicants must use a valid e-mail address and home or cell number.
Format: Please submit essay responses using the following guidelines (Courier New, 12 pt, double –spaced, 1” margins on all four sides). Word count: 500. words.
Submit response as a .doc or .pdf attachment by midnight on 10/20/09, to email@example.com, Subject: Latino Heritage Giveaway Heritage Giveaway.
Books will be mailed to contest winners courtesy of the publisher.
Ready? Here goes.
* Describe a time when a second or third language helped you in life. Traveling in a foreign country, a job promotion, or dating.
* Describe a time when you prejudged someone based on physical characteristics, language barrier, or cultural differences. How did you overcome your personal limitations and embrace someone outside your comfort zone?
- Zumba® By Beto Perez , Maggie Greenwood-Robinson
- Evenings at the Argentine Club By Julia Amante
- Damas, Dramas, and Ana Ruiz By Belinda Acosta
- Tell Me Something True By Leila Cobo
- Amigoland By Oscar Casares