Monday, June 06, 2005

Welcome

Today is my first blog entry. Several artist friends have urged me in recent times to do this. As long as I’ve lived in New York City, I thought I would have been cast on a soap opera, appeared off-Broadway, Broadway, and have bought a brownstone in Harlem.

What have I to show for my time thus far on the East Coast? I moved here on a whim or personal dare. I moved here because I felt I had outgrown local theatre in Texas. I moved here to escape from everyone and everything I had grown to love and despise in the Bible belt of the southwest. The story continues. I have a decent place to live, although the building might sink in the next few years, evident by the buckling kitchen floor and slanted entry hallway.

I have met an assortment of people and too many characters. I’d like to think I’ve learned equally from the small and large experiences. I’m a firm believer in everyone who happens into your life and everything that happens in your life is for a reason. To that end, I’ve done my best to keep a journal since high school.

I invite you all to visit my blog weekly, travel with me to the past, and look ahead to the future.

No comments: